Phalanx is a powerfull spam filer application for POP3 accounts. It can be used with any mail client. Phalanx supports APOP (MD5) and secure connections (SSL) for authenticaton on the mail server.
The most important features:
- Blacklists and Whitelists
- Classifies messages from specific senders as ham or spam.
- DNSBL filter
- This filter search the IP address of the sender in a DNSBL database.
- URLBL filter
- This filter search all URLs in the message in a URLBL database.
- Bayes filter
- This self-learning filter classifies mails as spam or ham with the bayesian method.
- User defined rules
- User defined rules allows to filter for specific words and terms. Regular expressions are supported.
- Rule sets
- With rule sets you can create own rule files, that can be included in Phalanx. External rule files (rule sets) are much mor powerfull and flexible.
- Phalanx can be extended with plug-ins. Plug-ins can filter messages with complex methods.
- Retrieval of headers and delete messages from the server
- Regardless of your mail client, message headers can be received and filtered without receiving the complete message from the mail server. With rule options the mail can be ignored or deleted directly on the mail server.
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
Support this application
Plug-ins for Phalanx
BulkForm-Plugin 1.2.1 (RAR, 5 KB, Language: DE)
This plug-in search in the header and the content for placeholders, used by bulk mailers. Sometimes this placeholders will be not replaced, so they appear in the sent mail.
CountryFilter-Plugin 1.2.5 (RAR, 17 KB, Language: DE)
The CountryFilter-Plugin filters mail, sent from specific countries. To do this, Top-Level domains and character sets can be added to the filter list.
Plug-in SDK 1.1 (RAR, 6 KB, Language: DE)
This plug-in SDK contains all information to create your own plug-ins for Phalanx.
The changelog for this application is available in the German version of this page only.